Crude Oil Logistics Analyst Needed
Bakersfield, CA area
You MUST email your resume to be considered to:
Manages logistics of heavy crude oil into company owned and third party owned truck stations. Includes, but is not limited to, scheduling over
31 managing barrel diversions into alternate locations, and providing logistical reports and transportation costs to lease and supply groups.
- Schedules and manages the movement, via third party transporters, of heavy crude into P66 and third party truck stations in the San Joaquin Valley, Santa Maria Valley, Ventura County and LA Basin, supplying two P66 refining systems.
- Analyzing lease logistics, production cycles, shipping windows and truck movements in order to identify trends and institutes actions to fully optimize logistical movement of crude oil via truck and rail.
- Addresses logistical contraints that affect truck scheduling and responds to logistical and production upsets by optimally managing truck diversions.
- Maintains data related to producers' call out for load fitting, location of trucks in transit and transportaton bottlenecks.
- Contacts producers to advise when extended rack issues will affect load lifting
- Coordinates with trucking companies when additional support is needed in other regions
- Informs P66 truck stations of new trucking companies entering into premises that will need orientation/certification and who to contact at the rack for certification.
- Coordinates diversions to minimize transportation costs.
- Ensures crude trucks meet requirements for measurement and offloading, including required equipment on trucks.
- Manages landing and trucking of spot and term rail crude at manifest station.
- Liasion with third party transporters, producers and operators.
- Works closely with Commercial West Coast Lease Director, Supply Trader, and Scheduler to provide data and outcomes related to trucked crude volumes.
- Liasion between P66 Transportation Field Staff at five different truck stations.
- Responds directly to inquires and requests by producers related to trucking.
- Reports diversions to Supply Scheduler for nominations purposes.
- Prepares daily load schedule for third party transporters to ensure 100% of customers' daily production purchased by P66 is lifted.
- Maintains monthly reports related to volumes, transportation costs, demurrage, and scheduling.
- Reviews bills of lading.
- Maintains database of trucking rates by lease, trucking costs and economics related to diverions and lost optimization due to unforeseen issues.
- Provides on-call support during off-hours.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Adminstration or related field.
- Minimum 3+ years' experience in managing West Coast Heavy Crude Oil logistics on truck and rail.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills to support business focused analysis and decisions.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to adapt to changing situations while handling competing demands.
- Strong organizational and time management skills that will contribute to meeting daily and monthly deadlines.
- Strong work ethic; driven for results and continuous improvement.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments which are fairly broad in scope and complexity.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a team focused, fast paced, environment.
- Exhibit intiative to continually develop skills and to enhance functional knowledge.
- Highly proficient in Excel and Access.
At Sentinel Transportation, our people are our most important asset.
85% of our organization (including leadership and management) has an active CDL!
DON'T WAIT- Finally get the pay & respect that you deserve at a safe, stable company.
Questions? Call 855- I-Work-Safe (1-855-496-7572)
Or visit at our website at: