Manager - TMS AdministrationCall Today! 855-I-Work-Safe
SENTINEL TRANSPORTATION *
Manager - TMS Administration *
Wilmington, DE *
Serves as the primary contact for the administration, management and maintenance of transportation operational and administrative systems. Provides support to both colleagues and contractors in the coordination, implementation, and execution of operational support systems and applications throughout Sentinel. Documents and maintains application change control for all operational support systems. Provides project management functions and assists in the oversight of budgeted resource costs, incidental expenses, and service level agreements. Communicates the overall direction of related projects with other Sentinel colleagues and provides intermittent written and verbal status reports to all project stakeholders.
- Investigates best practices in the administration, implementation, and oversight of transportation management systems within related industries, and communicates all relevant findings and recommendations to Sentinel staff and other project stakeholders.
- Acts as the primary liaison with third-party consultants in the implementation of operations supporting systems throughout Sentinel, providing oversight as to their compliance to all contracts and service level agreements.
- Supports other systems implementation project team members, maintains formal and informal networks throughout the projects and participates in all internal project meetings.
- Assists in the building of staff skills and capabilities to optimize the use of operational supporting systems, including the dissemination and communication of all standard operating procedures related to these applications.
- Designs, develops, tests and implements management reports and workflow solutions utilizing groupware and report development tools.
- Works collaboratively with Sentinel's staff and/or third-party consultants in the design, development, testing and launch of additional content or modifications to operational supporting systems.
- Assists in the maintenance of database access security and maintains technical documentation of the configuration and system maintenance plans for all databases related to operational supporting systems.
- Performs statistical data analysis and interprets data results to distinguish patterns and recognize trends for addressing business issues.
- Translates data results into written reports, tables, graphs and charts to convey information to management and other stakeholders.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related field, preferred.
- Minimum of 5 or more years of experience with mobility applications within the transportation industry.
- Experience in execution and modification of mobility application systems utilizing MS SQL coding, a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of analyzing work flows and related information system needs.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects.
- Ability to communicate with individuals and groups in a range of settings, using a mix of verbal and written communication styles.